Contract Manager (all genders)
Ferrous Systems is an IT development service and training provider in the Rust programming language. Founded by members of the Rust project, the company engages in all aspects of Rust development and Open-Source sustainability. Our hallmark product is Ferrocene, the first Rust toolchain for safety- and mission-critical needs.
We are looking for a Contract Manager to support our strategic and everyday operations. As a Contract Manager you will oversee all contracts at Ferrous Systems. You ensure that our contracts are properly drafted, negotiated, executed and maintained. You fill a key role for the successful operation of the organization and support the strategic decisions of Ferrous Systems.
We are particularly happy to receive applications from non-cis-male people and from other groups that are underrepresented in the IT labor market. No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
This position can be filled either full-time or part-time with at least 20 hours/week.
We want you to join our team to:
- Draft, review and customize contracts and license agreements in alignment with legal requirements and company policies in cooperation with our legal counsel.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with external partners, suppliers and clients.
- Facilitate the signing and execution of contracts, coordinate deadlines, oversee contract lifecycles and keeprecord of contract changes and amendments.
- Identify potential risks in contracts and work to mitigate them while keeping legal regulations, industry standards and internal policies in mind.
- Communicate proactively with all stakeholders involved in the contract.
- Create and maintain contract templates.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement & standardization.
- Act as an advisor for the company management and the team on legal matters.
Apply to this position if:
- You hold a bachelor's degree in business law or business management or an equivalent education.
- You have a very good understanding of German & international contract law and its legal terminology.
- You have a basic understanding of IT-law/software licensing, corporate housekeeping, labor law and procurement law.
- You are interested in learning about tech industry-specific regulations and software compliance standards.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- Optional: You have prior experience in business contract management.
What we offer:
- A diverse and international team that is very dedicated to project based and Open-Source work.
- A team of currently 20 people distributed across 9 countries and 3 continents.
- A remote first workplace: Work from and live anywhere you like, if your work time allocation overlaps with the Berlin (CET) time zone.
- An open-minded culture with a good work-life-balance:
- Our full-time week has 35h
- You will earn an equivalent of 75.000 - 85.000€ per year
- You are welcome to work in a part-time arrangement
- We are family and neurodiverse-friendly: Complex time needs are respected
If you want to get to know us better, please send us an email mentioning the reference code 04-2023 in the subject line to email@example.com before the closing date of 07. January 2024. Please attach your CV and mention what you are currently looking for, maybe include a link to your previous work and what you are doing professionally. Interviews will be scheduled in the week from 15. - 19. January 2024 remotely. We are looking forward to meeting you!