This is the 17th changelog for Knurling-rs, our push to sustainably build better tooling for developing and debugging Rust software for embedded systems. Knurling-rs includes a suite of tools that make it easier to develop, log, debug, and test your embedded Rust libraries and applications!
This changelog got delayed to monday, because of the release work for
defmt (read more below!).
Knurling-rs is supported by our sponsors on GitHub. If you're interested in seeing more projects like this, consider becoming a sponsor today!
Last friday was a big day release day for the Knurling project, with
probe-run all maturing to
There are many great improvements, especially noteworthy:
- We've added the
trait defmt::Formatfor many more types, namely
- "Display hints" help you by specifying the format in which to display the data you're printing. Find all the details in #270!
defmt_testfeatures many improvements, for example support for returning
Result<T, E>, compatibility for rust-analyzer's "Run Test"-button and a new
- Overall we did a lot of refactoring and improved much internal code.
Head over to the code editor of your choice and give it a try! 💪
impl Format for core::time::Duration
- #151 Adapt
defmt-testcompatible with rust-analyzer's "Run Test" button
- #152 Allow selecting a probe by serial number
Internal Improvements 🧽
- #386, #392 Refactor decoder
fn decodemethods of
- various simplifications and restructuring of internal code
- #387 CI: bump timeout to 20 minutes
- #389 defmt_decoder: Bump dependencies
Version Update Notification 🆙
v0.2.0 releases. See highlights for details!
Sponsor this work
Knurling-rs is mainly funded through GitHub sponsors. Sponsors get early access to the tools we are building and help us to support and grow the knurling tools and courses. Thank you to all of the people already sponsoring our work through the Knurling project!