Ferrous Systems provides development service and training in the space of the Rust programming language. Founded by members of the Rust project, the company engages in all aspects of Rust development and Open-Source sustainability. As a software developer you will work within a diverse team to develop & operate software in Rust and to continuously improve the architecture, software and tooling by leveraging your technical experience. Our development team includes different experience levels of Rust and pairing team members on projects to improve our knowledge and skills is an important part of our work.
We are particularly happy to receive applications from non-cis-male people and from other groups that are underrepresented in the IT labor market. No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
We want you to join our team to
- Maintain codebases both for sponsors and external companies
- Help & consult companies to adopt Rust
- Review client code
- Come up with new technologies to fix gaps in the Rust ecosystem
- Mentor a junior colleague to code in Rust
Apply to this position if
- You have solid demonstrable knowledge in Rust
- You have previous experience in building, maintaining and operating software at scale with developer efficiency in mind
- You have some practical experience in system design
- Your work is solution-oriented and you can communicate your decisions to other team members and clients
- You have a community mindset or maybe even some experience in Open-Source work
- You are excited to work in a team that loves teaching itself and others
- A committed team that is dedicated to Open-Source work: much of our work is Open Source and can be reused later
- A remote first workplace: work from and live anywhere you like
- An international and open-minded culture & team with a good work-life-balance:
- Our full-time week has 35h
- We offer an equal & flat salary structure: you will earn an equivalent of 72.000 - 82.000€ per year
- You are welcome to work in a part-time arrangement
- We are family and neurodiverse-friendly: complex time needs are respected
Do you have any questions for us? Your contact is Julia ([email protected]).
If you want to get to know us better, please send us an email mentioning the reference code 01-2023 to [email protected] before the closing date of 27. January 2023. Please attach your CV and mention what you are currently looking for, maybe include a link to your previous work (e.g. some git repos) and what you are doing professionally. Interviews will be scheduled in the week from 6. - 10. February 2023. We are looking forward to meeting you.